Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Tuesday fun

Eight Dippies met yesterday which was quite good considering it's August with a lot on holiday. Carol is on a cruise yet again(smile) and Ann(Jones) is recovering from a cataract operation 3 weeks ago. I saw Ann this afternoon and her sight is much better than it was. I hope you make a quick recovery Ann. I also saw Ann(Cross) this afternoon, she is very busy with her City and Guilds Embroidery course. Mary is at her daughter's wedding in Canada and I'm certain she is enjoying herself there with her family. Janine is probably taking a well earned rest after her City and Guilds quilting class did so well at the end of this term.


This is the quilt Rosemary is handstitching and it now has a backing. I envy whoever is going to have this one.


This is what Gaynor was making and I think it is going to be a bag.


This is Gwyneth with her goldwork. She is making something very special but I'm not allowed to tell you what it is, because it's a secret. Did I ever tell you we are cousins and we used to live next door to each other when we were children? We lost touch for years until textiles brought us together again. Take a look at those lovely hands. I'm very jealous of her hands as I'm always telling her.


Joan is making another doll. I think it might be another white one. Unfortunately I don't have a photo to show you of the other white doll as they are all on display in a cabinet at the Library in Colwyn Bay. If you read this and live locally, they are well worth a visit.

No comments: