Thursday, July 16, 2009

SerenTex textiles

Sue brought her beautiful quilt to show us how it was made using a similar idea to the work we did at yesterday's workshop with Janine. I have mentioned before that our Sue won the highest award possible for her Patchwork and Quilting, City and Guilds work, by being awarded the Gold Medal. This is one of her quilts shown below. I'm afraid I focused on Sue rather than the quilt.



Above and below are two close-ups from the quilt, but these don't do it justice either.


This is Joan's Iris which she had almost finished at Plas Tan y Bwlch.


We are all taking part in a project on trees, which we hope to put together as one work of art eventually. Joan being a perfectionist was not happy with the first one and made a second, but she's also made a third. well I think they are all lovely.





she also brough a beautiful card she'd made for Rhiannon.

1 comment:

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hello Margaret, I love that quilt so much, it's very inspiring. Thank you for showing us, I would love to have seen it up close. I also loved the circles made in the workshop you showed in the earlier post. I saw something similar in Cloth Paper Scissors and wanted to have a go myself, I will one day because it looks loads of fun

Very best wishes
Carolyn